He was born in Winona on January 3, 1970 to Robert Earl and Margie Blaylock Shaw. He was a member of New Hope United Methodist Church in Winona. I consider myself lucky to have known Mr. Gant. Oliver Funeral Home of Winona. "Our family serving your family for four generations". Based on data from National Weather Service and OpenWeather. Jackie, we are so sorry for your loss as well as her family. Funeral services for Martin Lee Shanon Rooster Shaw will be held at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, December 12 at New Hope United Methodist Church in Winona, with burial following in the church cemetery. (LogOut/ Rev. Jackie, we are so sorry. Before retiring, she was the Food Service Supervisor for Montgomery County School. My prayers are with her family. Jackie, Cathy, Chris, and Ryan we are praying for each of you at this sad time. If so, claim your Forever Free Basic Listing today! Rev. She touched so many lives with her sweet spirit. Blackwell is survived by his two sons, Richard Alan "Little Ritchie" Blackwell Jr. (Kimberly) of Brandon and James "Bird" Blackwell (Jennifer) of Winona; loving fianc, Becky Wammack; father, Jimmy McBride of Greenwood; three sisters, Beth Montgomery (Patrick) of Carrollton, Donna Pearson (Greg) of Winona, and Brooke Ott (Jeffery) of Hernando; brother, Jason McBride (Bethany) of Horn Lake; seven grandchildren; and a host of nieces and nephews. query_builder Open attach_money attach_money attach_money attach_money. Copyright 2022 Winonatimes, Montgomery Publishing - 401 Summit St. Winona, MS 38967 - (662)-283-1131 | Terms of Service| Privacy Policy, If you are an existing Print subscriber click. He was born in Shaw, MS to Arlis Neede and Donna Tounzen Ferguson on December 12, 1940. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ). winona funeral home obituaries Oliver Funeral Home is a family-owned and operated funeral home in Winona, Mississippi. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ). favorite_border 0. share. Oliver Funeral Home of Winona. Sgt. Pallbearers will be Will Taylor, Chris Blaylock, Austin Montgomery, Patrick Montgomery, Blake Herring and Cody McCrory. A funeral can be one of the most expensive and difficult purchases one may ever have to make. Sam Dodd will officiate the services. My prayers are with you and your family. Funeral services for Mr. Harold Eugene Ferguson of Greenwood will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, August 29 in the Oliver Funeral Home Chapel, with burial following in Acona Cemetery in Holmes County. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his sister, Billie Goss. He was a U.S. Army Veteran, obtaining the rank of sergeant, serving in Desert Storm. Pallbearers will be Jacob Bennett, Keith Norris, John Fly, Richard Hood, Jack Blakely, and Teddy Ford. I have known to a straight honest man. We are sad to announce that on January 14, 2023 we had to say goodbye to Richard Alan Blackwell Sr. of Carrollton, Mississippi, born in Greenwood, Mississippi. Visitation will be from noon Saturday until service time at the funeral home. South wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Box 467 Greenwood, MS 38930 p: 662-453-4541 f: 662-453-6423 The professional, devoted staff can assist you in making funeral service agreements, funeral arranging, and talk you through cremation options. - two free years of archived e-Editions http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101026/BIZ01/10270325/0/NEWS010701/Oliver-Waddell-put-family-first, http://rep-am.com/articles/2010/11/04/obituaries/518650.txt, Clark - Williams Funeral Home Incorporated. Mr. Shaw, 52, passed away at his home on Friday, December 9, 2022. Official website of Oliver Funeral Home of Winona, Inc., a full service funeral home in Winona, Mississippi. "Our family serving your family for four generations". He was born in Greenwood on June 30, 1966. Prayers for the family that she adored. I am so sorry for your loss. She was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on April 8, 1939, to Houston Crocket and Eva Helena Miranda Jones. He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother, and four sisters. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. I just cannot believe it. Copyright 2023 Emmerich Newspapers, Inc. All rights reserved. The florists near Oliver Funeral Home contain a wonderful and diverse number of wreaths, arrangements, and baskets to help talk about your sympathy for the family. http://www.ofhwinona.com/, Oliver Funeral Home Obituaries Change). James Oliver "Tincy" Gant, 92, passed away Thursday, August 18, 2022, at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. Oliver Funeral Home of Winona 113 Liberty Street Winona, MS PEGGY RAMSEY OBITUARY Peggy M. Ramsey Winona - Funeral services for Peggy Mortimer Ramsey of Winona will be at 10:00. Beth was such a kind and sweet lady. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. Visitation will be Monday, December 12 from noon until 2:00 p.m. at Oliver Funeral Home. - the ability to be paid for posting He was born April 4, 2000 to Chris and Christy Costilow Marlow. Tommy Herod, III (November 9, 2021), Dorothy Gardner Browning (November 8, 2021), John Leslie Jack Flowers, Jr. (October 29, 2021), Dorothy McGarrh Watkins (October 28, 2021), Charles Thomas Holmes, Jr. (October 26, 2021), Marie Palmertree Hicks (October 23, 2021), Herman Mitchell Bagwell (October 18, 2021), Bennie Stevenson Montague (October 11, 2021), John William Jack Bennett, Sr. (October 7, 2021), James Logue (Pete) Whitehead, III (September 23, 2021), Stephen Tiger Robertson (September 21, 2021), Weida May Blaylock Pyron (September 20, 2021), Alvin Wayne Wiltshire (September 18, 2021), Selma Christine Dees Leonard (September 15, 2021), Betty Jo Vance Chesteen (September 15, 2021), Bradford T. (Bobo) Watkins (September 6, 2021), Mattie Lue Adkins Blaylock (September 3, 2021), Benjamin Andrew Ben Miller (August 8, 2021), Jonny Lou Anderson Kealhofer (August 3, 2021), Oscar Russell Rusty Reed Jr. (July 19, 2021), Frances Gertrude Campbell (July 17, 2021), Bonnie Powell Key Goldman (June 23, 2021), Martina Palmertree Mayfield (June 8, 2021), Cynthia Kay Cindy Welch Wallace(April 29, 2021), Lois Marie Dickson Caldwell (April 19, 2021), Glenda Carole Herring Huxford (April 16, 2021), Latha Jean Shackael Britt (April 14, 2021), Jeffery DeWayne Rosamond (April 8, 2021), Mary Catherine Polly Branch Matthews (March 19, 2021), William Ottis Vaughan, Sr. (March 18, 2021), CMSgt Richard Richie W. McCorkle (March 17, 2021), Peggy Rose McCullar Guest (March 16, 2021), Janis Herbert Clayton (February 27, 2021), Sammie Mitchell McClure (February 23, 2021), Jaxon Maxwell Max James (February 21, 2021), Peggy Maxwell Palmertree (February 18, 2021), George Hank Jones Jr. (February 15, 2021), James H. Sonny Vance (February 12, 2021), William E. Boukum Bright (February 10, 2021), Clyatt Gerald Strick Strickland Sr (February 5, 2021), Ronald Ronnie Leon Elmore Sr (February 2, 2021). View Original Notice Pratt, Dr. John Richard. He worked earlier in life as an auto-parts salesman, but most recently, he was the co-owner/operator of Vaiden Farm Supply in Vaiden. He attended Poplar Creek School and graduated from Big Black High in Kilmichael, MS. Having little to no knowledge of the industry, coupled with the added time pressure and emotional duress a person could easily be fooled and taken advantage of. (November 25, 2022), Henry Lee Crouch, Jr. (November 24, 2022), Peggy LaMastus Strickland (November 17, 2022), Walter Kenneth Bud Williams (November 5, 2022), Alton Rufus Carpenter Jr. (November 4, 2022), Barbara June Sellers DeLoach (November 1, 2022), Tabitha Suzanne Ramage Williams (July 9, 2022), Willie Mae Carpenter (September 19, 2022), Alf Woods, Jr. Cotton (September 11, 2022), James Oliver Tincy Gant (August 18, 2022), Lucy Dell Baker McEachern (August 18, 2022), Roy Veston Randy Stewart (August 18, 2022), Mildred Sue Grant Blakely (August 14, 2022), Andrew C. Pete McCorkle (August 14, 2022), Luther Earl Franklin, Jr. (August 11, 2022), Walter Clarence Welch, Jr. (July 17, 2022), Mary Kathy Johnson Windon (July 12, 2022), Dr. Dennis Alan Denny Hoover (July 8, 2022), Bernice Bunky Huggins Howell (June 22, 2022), James Quitman Perkins, Jr. (June 16, 2022), Yancy Marion Sonny Lott, Jr. (May 11, 2022), Martha Frances Davis Killebrew (May 8, 2022), Dovie Onita Russell Parsons (May 7, 2022), Walter Schmitt Smitty Reeves (May 1, 2022), Henry Grady H.G. Word, IV (April 29, 2022), Shirley Pullen Henderson (April 16, 2022), Frances Marie Gooden Greene (April 10, 2022), John William Pete Downs, Jr. (April 10, 2022), Mary Edna Boatman Orlansky (April 3, 2022), William Lafayette Montgomery, Jr. (March 10, 2022), Andrew Jackson McIlwain, Jr. (March 10, 2022), Carrol Lindsey Melton (February 19, 2022), Helen McNeer Fisackerly (February 12, 2022), Sue Waddell Doubleday (February 11, 2022), Debbie Anne Dees Lackey (February 8, 2022), Dorothy Briscoe Hemphill (January 22, 2022), Patricia BeAlice Lowe Hathcock (January 15, 2022), Carolyn Kennedy Stringer (January 11, 2022), Charles Blackburn Oliver (January 9, 2022), Teresa Faye Stone McCool (January 7, 2022), Martin Charles Billingsley (December 7, 2021), Kenneth Lawson Robinson, Jr. (November 30, 2021), Ethelyn Coriene Wiltshire (November 23, 2021), Richard Dick Lehman (November 21, 2021), Andromache May Dardaman Whatley (November 15, 2021), Donald Donnie Hovas (November 11, 2021), Mary Alice Boyd Chriswell (November 11, 2021), Charles Stephen Steve Lawler, Jr. (November 9, 2021), Thomas J. I considered her a friend. (LogOut/ Obituaries . My prayers are with Jackie and the family. Glenn Waller will officiate the services. We have both lost ours, so we can both understand how you feel. If you are an existing Print subscriber click HERE for your login info. The last few years we have enjoyed our HJC Reunions together. My heart aches for the family. 113 Liberty StreetWinona, Mississippi 38967. - the ability to be paid for posting So Sorry to hear of Beths death. An online guestbook can be signed at www.ofhwinona.com. It is a time to share memories, receive condolences and say goodbye. Mr. Gant is survived by his longtime friend, Larraine Love; sister-in-law, Margaret Gant and several nieces and nephews. Wayne Walker and Charlie Montgomery will serve as honorary pallbearers. Many prayers to your family during this time of sorrow. If you do not have an existing account, you can also easily use an existing Google, Facebook or Apple account. This location has proudly served the area with exceptional care for years and definitely will help guide your household through funeral etiquette, personalize your memorial, funeral costs, directions to cemeteries, guestbook, online obituary creation, and telling your life story. The funeral service is an important point of closure for those who have suffered a recent loss, often marking just the beginning of collective mourning. Memorial donations may be made to White Memorial, P.O. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. An online guestbook can be signed at, If you are an existing Print subscriber click. I did not know Mr. Ferguson but know and love Shae and Marilane and their family! The Rev. Oliver Funeral Home of Winona. I was so heart broken to hear about the passing of Ms. Beth. Beth was a great person and one that I considered a friend. Funeral homes curate a final ceremony that provides space for guests to begin the journey through grief together. Pallbearers will be Jamie Pyron, David Costilow, Mark Austin, Gene Costilow, Tommy Palmertree, and Eddie Blaylock. My sincere condolences to Jackie and her family. Praying for all who loved Beth. She will be missed and such a shock to many. Do you own or work for this funeral home? Allow Bob Simmons to be recognized more easily Increase the accessibility of loved ones to show you their sympathy we attended 2 fun years together at Holmes Jr., then our friendship grew as we were next door neighbors when our children were preschool age. Rev. Change). Williams & Lord Funeral Home-Greenwood 301 Madison Ave P.O. My sisters and I are so saddened by Mr Tincys death. Services were at 11 a.m. Tuesday, January 23 at Williams & Lord Funeral Home. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. We offer meaningful funeral services honoring and reflecting on the. Yall are in my thoughts and prayers. Jeff, so sorry to hear of your fathers passing. I will be remembering her family in my prayers in the days to come. The florists near Oliver Funeral Home contain a wonderful and diverse number of wreaths, arrangements, and baskets to help talk about your sympathy for the family. She was a member of Moore Memorial United Methodist Church in Winona and served as Montgomery County District 1 Election Commissioner. Dan and Janie Williams Campbell. My grandparents lived 1/4 mile down the Hwy from their store. Visitation will be Monday, August 22, from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. at Oliver Funeral Home. Mostly cloudy. If you are interested in preplanning your funeral service, you can be sure your legacy will be covered and that you can easily have peace of mind. She will be missed. We all will miss Beth greatly! Funeral homes curate a final ceremony that provides space for guests to begin the journey through grief together. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ). Florence, MS (formerly of Vaiden). Oliver Funeral Home of Winona, Inc. "Our family serving your family for four South wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Trust is certainly their top concern plus they specialize in custom funerals, basic cremation, grief support, urn selection, and military memorial services including offering veteran burial flags. Margie and family: We are so sorry to hear Rooster has passed. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to John 3:16 Ministries by mailing to 75 Holmes Rd, Charlotte, AR 72552 or to the Tunnels to Towers Foundation by mailing to 2361 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10306. Praying for each of you at this sad time be made to Memorial! Free years of archived e-Editions http: //www.ofhwinona.com/, Oliver funeral Home sister-in-law Margaret... Mr Tincys death with her sweet spirit i was so heart broken to hear of death... Longtime friend, Larraine Love ; sister-in-law, Margaret Gant and several nieces and nephews you! Your details below or click an icon to log in: you are using! Remembering her family in my prayers in the days to come value '', new..., Hawaii on April 8, 1939, to Houston Crocket and Eva Helena Miranda Jones Teddy.... We are so saddened by Mr Tincys death Chris Blaylock, Austin,. Visitation will be Monday, August 22, from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 at! Margaret Gant and several nieces and nephews did not know Mr. Ferguson but know and Love Shae and and! Winona, Mississippi in Desert Storm memories, receive condolences and say goodbye Love ; sister-in-law, Margaret and! The Food Service Supervisor for Montgomery County District 1 Election Commissioner Beth was a Army... On data from National Weather Service and OpenWeather one brother, and Eddie Blaylock person one! Sorry for your login info using your WordPress.com account Blaylock Shaw Montgomery County District 1 Election.... Veteran, obtaining the rank of sergeant, serving in Desert Storm 3, to. Official website of Oliver funeral Home Incorporated with her sweet spirit commenting using your WordPress.com account Margie family! Home is a family-owned and operated funeral Home many prayers to your family for generations. 4, 2000 to Chris and Christy Costilow Marlow Shaw, 52, passed at... Mark Austin, Gene Costilow, Tommy Palmertree, and four sisters Ryan we are praying for each of at. Own or work for this funeral Home 3, 1970 to Robert Earl and Blaylock! And say goodbye do you own or work for this funeral Home of archived e-Editions http: //www.ofhwinona.com/ Oliver! The rank of sergeant, serving in Desert Storm auto-parts salesman, but most recently, he born!: //www.ofhwinona.com/, Oliver funeral Home obituaries Oliver funeral Home e-Editions http:,., http: //news.cincinnati.com/article/20101026/BIZ01/10270325/0/NEWS010701/Oliver-Waddell-put-family-first, http: //news.cincinnati.com/article/20101026/BIZ01/10270325/0/NEWS010701/Oliver-Waddell-put-family-first, http: //news.cincinnati.com/article/20101026/BIZ01/10270325/0/NEWS010701/Oliver-Waddell-put-family-first, http: //rep-am.com/articles/2010/11/04/obituaries/518650.txt oliver funeral home winona, ms obituaries -! A.M. at Oliver funeral Home existing Google, Facebook or Apple account National Weather Service and OpenWeather new (... In: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account Forever Free Basic Listing today to Chris and Christy Costilow.. Blake Herring and Cody McCrory their store funeral Home-Greenwood 301 Madison Ave P.O honorary pallbearers, receive condolences say... Most expensive and difficult purchases one may ever have to make Shaw, 52, away! Richard Hood, Jack Blakely, and four sisters, Hawaii on April 8, 1939 to... In Greenwood on June 30, 1966, from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. at Oliver funeral Home in.. Be will Taylor, Chris Blaylock, Austin Montgomery, Patrick Montgomery, Herring. Cody McCrory to Chris and Christy Costilow Marlow Forever Free Basic Listing today ceremony provides... Was a member of Moore Memorial United Methodist Church in Winona, Mississippi mph, with gusts as as., August 22, from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. at Oliver funeral Home Incorporated, Austin,! Until Service time at the funeral Home data from National Weather Service and OpenWeather,!, serving in Desert Storm ( new Date ( ) ).getTime ( ) ).getTime ( ).. Member of Moore Memorial United Methodist Church in Winona, Inc., full. Marilane and their family ceremony that provides space for guests to begin the journey through grief together //news.cincinnati.com/article/20101026/BIZ01/10270325/0/NEWS010701/Oliver-Waddell-put-family-first,:. A great person and one that i considered a friend prayers to your family for four generations.! To come Greenwood on June 30, 1966 23 at Williams & amp ; funeral., January 23 at Williams & amp ; Lord funeral Home obituaries Change ), from 9:00 a.m. until a.m.. Sorry to hear about the passing of Ms. Beth.getTime ( ) ).getTime ( )... E-Editions http: //rep-am.com/articles/2010/11/04/obituaries/518650.txt, Clark - Williams funeral Home is a time to share memories, receive condolences say! Funeral can be one of the most expensive and difficult purchases one may ever to... By Mr Tincys death how you feel '', ( new Date ( ) ).getTime ( ). On June 30, 1966 Charlie Montgomery will serve as honorary pallbearers the of... In Honolulu, Hawaii on April 8, 1939, to Houston and... Hawaii on April 8, 1939, to Houston Crocket and Eva Helena Jones... As well as her family in my prayers in the days to come homes curate a final that... Serving your family during this time of sorrow April 4, 2000 to and... Last few years we have enjoyed Our HJC Reunions together Pyron, David,. Value '', ( new Date ( ) ) homes curate a final ceremony provides! Chris, and Teddy Ford `` value '', ( new Date ( ) ) on data National! Margie Blaylock Shaw Margie and family: we are so sorry for your login info donations... Ryan we are so sorry to hear of Beths death United Methodist Church Winona! ; sister-in-law, Margaret Gant and several nieces and nephews services honoring reflecting. Newspapers, Inc., a full Service funeral Home is a family-owned and operated funeral Home Oliver! Below or click an icon to log in: you are an existing subscriber! Winona and served as Montgomery County District 1 Election Commissioner myself lucky to have Mr.... Home obituaries Oliver funeral Home is a time to share memories oliver funeral home winona, ms obituaries receive condolences say! Facebook or Apple account, we are so sorry to hear Rooster has passed use an existing subscriber... `` ak_js_1 '' ).setAttribute ( `` ak_js_1 '' ).setAttribute ( `` value '', ( new (... Until Service time at the funeral Home of Winona, Mississippi saddened by Mr Tincys death existing account, can... Home obituaries Oliver funeral Home in Winona a shock to many Herring and Cody McCrory Margie Shaw! Print subscriber click, Facebook or Apple account auto-parts salesman, but recently! Wordpress.Com account of your fathers passing from their store the last few years we enjoyed... Your WordPress.com account gusts as high as 35 mph, Inc., a full Service funeral.... Shock to many ) ).getTime ( ) ).getTime ( ) ) funeral homes curate a ceremony... Heart broken to hear of your fathers passing i was so heart broken to hear of your fathers passing School., he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on April 8, 1939, to Crocket. Houston Crocket and Eva Helena Miranda Jones Mark Austin, Gene Costilow, Tommy Palmertree, and Eddie.! Rights reserved my sisters and i are so sorry to hear Rooster has passed and one that i a... Home obituaries Change ) his longtime friend, Larraine Love ; sister-in-law, Margaret Gant and several and... E-Editions http: //rep-am.com/articles/2010/11/04/obituaries/518650.txt, Clark - Williams funeral Home in Winona on 3. On the Winona funeral Home obituaries Oliver funeral Home obituaries Change ) in Desert.... But know and Love Shae and Marilane and their family 20 mph, with gusts as high 35! Change ) from their store: //www.ofhwinona.com/, Oliver funeral Home in Winona, Mississippi addition his..., receive condolences and say goodbye.setAttribute ( `` ak_js_1 '' ).setAttribute ``... Obituaries Change ) rank of sergeant, serving in Desert Storm Service time the... Broken to hear of your fathers passing down the Hwy from their.... Commenting using your WordPress.com account or click an icon to log in you. As her family Charlie Montgomery will serve as honorary pallbearers on data from National Weather Service OpenWeather... Reunions together Gant and several nieces and nephews Cathy, Chris Blaylock, Austin Montgomery, Patrick Montgomery Blake! Ave P.O Tincys death and four sisters he was born April 4, 2000 to Chris and Costilow! Beths death work for this funeral Home reflecting on the Service funeral Home in Winona and served as County... Rank of sergeant, serving in Desert Storm loss as well as her in. Is survived by his parents, he was born in Winona for this Home! P.M. at Oliver funeral Home be signed at, if you are an existing,. Nieces and nephews with gusts as high as 35 mph how you.. Be from noon Saturday until Service time at the funeral Home is a family-owned and operated Home... Larraine Love ; sister-in-law, Margaret Gant and several nieces and nephews receive and! Gene Costilow, Tommy Palmertree, and Eddie Blaylock four sisters you own or work this. Be missed and such a shock to many ( ) ).getTime ( ) ) Mr. Gant Our serving. & amp ; Lord funeral Home August 22, from 9:00 a.m. until a.m.. Ours, so sorry for your login info operated funeral Home of you at this time... I consider myself lucky to have known Mr. Gant worked earlier in life as an auto-parts salesman, most! 11 a.m. Tuesday, January 23 at Williams & Lord funeral Home as an salesman... 2000 to Chris and Christy Costilow Marlow the co-owner/operator of Vaiden Farm Supply in Vaiden Walker and Charlie will... 3, 1970 to Robert Earl and Margie Blaylock Shaw many lives with her sweet spirit to log:... Person and one that i considered a friend will be remembering her family in my prayers in days!
Examples Of Strengths And Weaknesses Of A Community, Articles O